09 June, 2012

Revamping the old furniture

Love for the white furniture! There is something to be said for white furniture. It looks elegant, gives that fresh look, and breathes in fresh air to any room. I love to use different shades of white combined with earthy tones, such as different shades of gray, lime, taupe and cream, textured materials such hemp, linen, thick cotton, raw silk and occasional wicker chair, basket or a stool.

MY NEW CUPBOARD
Paint colour: Colorbond "Evening Haze W"


Over the past several years I have converted several old wood pieces of furniture from plain wood look into a stylish white pieces. I will share some of my projects here on my blog and show "before & after" look. This old cupboard that I purchased in an op shop is a perfect example that shows how a lick of paint can give it a new life.

  1. I took the handles off
  2. Gave it a quick sand with the sand paper
  3. Applied the paint undercoat to make sure that paint seals well
  4. Three coats of paint will do the trick and make sure that there are no paint inconsistencies 
  5. The whole process takes 3-4 days but it is well worth it  


BEFORE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...