13 June, 2012

It is time for tea !!!

Something for me! 
It is winter here in Perth. This means more time spent indoors on those dark rainy days. Most of us are comfort creatures and we do like to get cozy, warm and comfortable on days like this. I did not have one before, but now I do - my very own tea pot cozy. The inspiration for this one came from Loani Prior, the queen of tea pot cozies. So if you look for ideas on how to make one, look no further than.... (see the link below)...
Off to make myself a pot of tea to check out how warm my tea will stay.....  ENJOY!!!   :), ♥



Loani Prior is the queen of "Really Wild Tea Cozies". Her tea pot cozies do stand out and she makes them into a piece of art. If you would like to learn more about this amazing lady and her work, you can take a peek into her blog @ The Queen of the Tea Cosies.

Last year, I purchased one of her books and decided to give it a go and try create one tea pot cozy for my  very own tea pot. When you are a passionate knitter, it is an absolute must that you have one of those. This is a great book, one of those you can have resting on your coffee table and use as an inspiration or a conversation starter.


The cozies, that we talk about here are no ordinary cozies. We are talking about tea pot garments! It goes something like this... first Loani teaches us to knit a petticoat, just to make sure that our tea pot stays nice and warm and then we create an outer garment for it. Her tea pot cozies are posh, they are beautiful and definitely worth making! You will absolutely love the finished product and enjoy your many cups of tea!

It is a hard job deciding which one to choose from her book, but this time I decided to go for a "Pot Sock Frock and Petticoat" as per the book... how amazing is this name... and how amazing does the finished cozy looks, please check the link! 

STAGE 1 - WE KNIT A PETTICOAT FRIST

Although I am following the pattern in the book I decided to use the wool that I had leftover from my other projects, so I did enjoy playing with colours and deciding how to put them together. I have been working with plenty of earth tones lately, hence the chosen colours. It is such fun following Loani's patterns! I love the attention to detail that she puts into creating each and every cozy. She certainly goes that extra mile and that makes a huge difference in the finished product.

STAGE2 - KNITTING OUTER GARMENT



It is a cozy that is very smart, warm and cozy at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...